Pages

Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Vino

5"x7" Oil on 3/4" Gallery-wrapped Canvas
Palette Knife Painting
$99.00 (Free Shipping)

Vino - Italian Wine.  No introduction needed.  Just pour a glass & savor the flavors of Italy. (That is if you're a wine lover.)  I enjoyed sampling the local Italian wines but I guess I'm really more of a sweet iced tea girl. 
My challenge for today was to paint letters with the palette knife.  I didn't know if I could handle this or not so I completed the lettered section first.  Everything went pretty good except the "O."  I wiped out that area over & over but finally got it without using the brush.  I still haven't figured out how to sign my name with the palette knife.  It's the only time I use a brush!  Any suggetions for this would be appreciated.
The colors in this painting are much richer than they appear in this photo.  Looks like I'm going to have to take some time off from painting & start learning more about photographing & photo editing.
Thank you for viewing my palette knife paintings.
Sarah

No comments:

Post a Comment