Pages

Monday, September 12, 2011

Door With Blue Pots

8"x10" Oil on Canvas Panel
Palette Knife Painting

I ran across this old door that had obviously been painted many times throughout the years.  Some of the previous coats of paint were showing through.  It was certainly not a perfect paint job but I liked the old door just the same.  More and more I'm realizing that nothing much is really perfect, especially material things.  Before we moved into our new house, I almost threw out a canister set that was chipped. One jar even had a broken lid.  It was the last gift that my parents had given me before my dad passed away.  When I unpacked it I thought about how I had enjoyed the canister set & how bad I felt when I accidentally dropped it & damaged it.  I took a good look at it & though it wasn't perfect, I just couldn't bring myself to discard it.  I got out some super glue & a little craft paint & repaired it the best I could.  It now sits proudly on my new counter top.  To me, it looks like it belongs there.  Like the old door in the painting, it serves it purpose & it's doing it's job.  That's perfect enough for me. 
Thank you for viewing my palette knife paintings.
-Sarah

No comments:

Post a Comment