Pages

Monday, August 5, 2013

Swan Song



20"x24" Oil on Canvas

"Swan Song" is the newest painting drying on my easel.  I don't dare move it for fear of getting phthalo blue all over the rest of the house.  It's one of those colors that just seems to want to reach out and touch you & everything else in the studio.  This a little larger palette knife painting than I usually paint so I painted it in two sessions.  Yesterday I painted the background & today I finished the swans.  It's really a good thing that I painted this one in two sessions as today's paint was beginning to get a little dry before I finished. 

These two swans used to come by our dock every day to visit & I really miss them.  I'm so glad I took lots of photos while they were here.  I enjoyed painting them & preserving this sweet memory.

~Sarah

No comments:

Post a Comment