Pages

Monday, September 24, 2012

Summer Glory Hydrangeas

12"x12" Oil on Canvas Panel

This is the last painting I completed before attending the Nancy Medine workshop.  I hope I will be able to show you some progress in the weeks to come.  However, I do intend to get back to my palette knife painting soon.  It's great to have so many choices & so much to paint.  I'm really trying to narrow things down these days to palette knife painting & colorful flowers in oils.  I thought about setting a goal of doing one of each almost every day.  I'm just not sure how well that would work.  That might be too much on switching the old gears up there. 

Anyway, the last of the summer hydrangeas are now but a single vase of dried flowers sitting on my desk in the studio.  I just can't seem to let go of them even though they have lost almost all of their color.  So in memory of all their beautiful summer blooms I decided to paint them the way they were in all of their summer glory.

Enjoy, & thank you for taking a look at my art.

- Sarah

No comments:

Post a Comment